Br. Steve Herro's Blog
>>> read more
The Justice and Peace Committee of St. Norbert Abbey welcomes the involvement of Norbertine lay associates, fathers, brothers, priests, and friends of the Order interested in social justice and Christian outreach. The Committee exists to provide educational programming, legislative advocacy, advice to Abbey leadership, and a Norbertine presence to local social justice and outreach efforts. It collaborates with the Conference of Major Superiors of Men Office of Justice and Peace, St. Norbert College Peace and Justice Center, Social Concerns Office of the Diocese of Green Bay, Wisconsin Catholic Conference, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops Office of Justice, Peace and Human Development and the Interfaith Center for Corporate Responsibility.
St. Norbert Abbey shares with local charitable organizations.
St. Norbert Abbey names a local charity to receive its Sunday collection each month. The Norbertines match the donation from the worship assembly. For April 2014, we recognize Brown County Jail Ministries.
Brown County Jail Ministries provides chaplaincy support and pastoral materials to benefit men and women in the Brown County Jail.
In the past, St. Norbert Abbey has shared with
- St. John the Evangelist Homeless Shelter
- the Welcome Home Program
- the Boys and Girls Club of Green Bay
- the Howe Neighborhood Family Resource Center
- the Golden House
- Brown County Jail Ministries
- the Family Strengthening Program
- the Casa ALBA Melanie Hispanic Community Center of Green Bay, Inc.
- the Sexual Assault Center
- Love Life Ministry
- Paul’s Pantry
- the Society of St. Vincent De Paul
- De Pere Christian Outreach Food Pantry, located at St. Anne’s Episcopal Church
- House of Hope
- St. Patrick Food Pantry
- Literacy Green Bay
- the Three Corners Neighborhood Community Garden project
…among other local charitable organizations.
Contact information for state and federal government officials from De Pere, Chicago, Jackson, and Albuquerque.
Helpful links for legislative advocacy
Bread for the World
Catholic Charities USA
Catholic Relief Services
NETWORK Catholic Social Justice Lobby
United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
Wisconsin Catholic Conference