The Justice and Peace Committee of St. Norbert Abbey welcomes the involvement of Norbertine lay associates, fathers, brothers, priests, and friends of the Order interested in social justice and Christian outreach. The Committee exists to provide educational programming, legislative advocacy, advice to Abbey leadership, and a Norbertine presence to local social justice and outreach efforts. It collaborates with the Conference of Major Superiors of Men Justice and Peace Office, the St. Norbert College Norman Miller Center for Peace, Justice & Public Understanding, Social Concerns Office of the Diocese of Green Bay, Wisconsin Catholic Conference, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops' Office of Justice, Peace, and Human Development, and the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility.
St. Norbert Abbey shares with local charitable organizations.
St. Norbert Abbey names a local charity to receive its Sunday collection each month. The Norbertines match the donation from the worship assembly. For September 2015, we recognize Love Life Ministry.
The Love Life Ministry program, with branches on both sides of Green Bay, provides necessary baby supplies to low-income families in greater Green Bay.
In the past, St. Norbert Abbey has shared with
- Boys & Girls Club of Green Bay
- Brown County Jail Ministries
- the Casa ALBA Melanie Hispanic Community Center of Green Bay, Inc.
- CASA, Court Appointed Special Advocates for Children of Brown County, Inc.
- De Pere Christian Outreach Food Pantry, located at St. Anne’s Episcopal Church
- the Family Strengthening Program
- the Golden House
- Green Bay Correctional Institution Catholic Ministries
- House of Hope
- the Howe Neighborhood Family Resource Center
- Literacy Green Bay
- Love Life Ministry
- Paul’s Pantry
- the Sexual Assault Center
- the Society of St. Vincent de Paul
- St. John the Evangelist Homeless Shelter
- St. Patrick Food Pantry
- the Three Corners Neighborhood Community Garden project
- the Welcome Home Program
...among other local charitable organizations.
Helpful Links for Legislative Advocacy