Spiritual Resilience: Strengthening Your Inner Life in Challenging Times
A Retreat with Dr. Robert Wicks
One of the greatest gifts we can share with others is a sense of our own peace. However, we cannot share what we do not have. By discussing psychological and classic spiritual approaches to maintaining perspective and inner strength in challenging times, Dr. Wicks, an expert on the prevention of secondary stress (the pressures experienced in reaching out to others), offers insights into how we can live in peace and, in turn, extend our warmth to others without losing our own inner fire in the process. Topics will include:
- maintaining a healthy sense of perspective
- facing inner darkness and avoiding dangers that lead to unnecessary stress
- developing your own self-care program and improving self-awareness
- knowing the four “voices” we need in our circle of friends to have balance and courage in life
- developing a rich rule of prayer
- Facilitator: Dr. Robert Wicks
- Cost: $225 (includes presentations, private room, meals)
- Commuters: $150 (includes presentations, meals)
- Registration and $50 non-refundable, non-transferable deposit required by September 15
- Maximum 50 overnight guests
- Maximum 20 commuters
Please note: online registration and payment are required. The registration form can be found below under “Bookings.” Please register for one person at a time. This helps us maintain accurate registration numbers! If you have any questions, please contact the Norbertine Center for Spirituality office at email@example.com or call 920.337.4315.
About the Facilitator
Dr. Robert Wicks received his doctorate in psychology from Hahnemann Medical College and Hospital and is on the faculty at Loyola University, Maryland. He has published more than 50 books for professionals and the general public, including Bounce: Living the Resilient Life, Ride the Dragon, and Perspective: The Calm Within the Storm.
- September 13 | 10-11 a.m.
Tony Pichler will facilitate a book discussion at the Norbertine Center for Spirituality on Bounce: Living the Resilient Life by Dr. Wicks. In this book, Dr. Wicks shows you not just how to manage stress, but how to transform opportunities to live a more meaningful, self-aware, and compassionate life.
- September 21 | 6:30-8 p.m.
Dr. Wicks will present Prayerfulness: Praying in the Catholic Tradition at Resurrection Parish (333 Hilltop Dr., Green Bay), followed by a book-signing and conversation (free will offering accepted). Visit www.gbres.org for details. The Norbertine Center for Spirituality thanks Resurrection Parish in collaborating to host Dr. Wicks.
Date(s) - September 22, 2017 - September 24, 2017
4:30 pm - 11:00 am
St. Norbert Abbey
Bookings are closed for this event. Please contact the Norbertine Center for Spirituality with questions or concerns or to be put on a waiting list: 920.337.4315 or firstname.lastname@example.org.