The Wisdom of Hymns
A Silent Retreat with Most Rev. Robert F. Morneau, Auxiliary Bishop Emeritus
Hymns carry our theology. They speak to us about the mystery of God, the mystery of our self, the mystery of the universe. By pondering the lyrics of our songs we find much wisdom, as well as a call to become disciples of Jesus and stewards of God’s gifts. Five hymns merit our serious listening and contemplation during this silent retreat:
- “Amazing Grace”
- “The King of Love My Shepherd Is”
- “The Servant Song”
- “On This Day the First of Days”
- “Veni, Creator Spirit”
As a pilgrim people we do well to sing along the way.
- Facilitator: Most Rev. Robert F. Morneau, Auxiliary Bishop Emeritus, Diocese of Green Bay
- Cost: $200 (includes presentations, private room, meals)
- Commuters: $130 (includes presentations, meals)
- Registration and $50 non-refundable, non-transferable deposit required by June 16
- Maximum 50 overnight guests
- Maximum 20 commuters
Please note: online registration and payment are required. The registration form can be found below under “Bookings.” Please register for one person at a time. This helps us maintain accurate registration numbers! If you have any questions, please contact the Norbertine Center for Spirituality office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 920.337.4315.
About the Facilitator
Most Rev. Robert F. Morneau has authored numerous books and essays and is respected for his expertise in the area of stewardship. In addition to his responsibilities as pastor of Resurrection Parish, Bishop Morneau remains a sought-after retreat leader and lecturer.
Date(s) - June 23, 2017 - June 25, 2017
4:30 pm - 11:00 am
St. Norbert Abbey
Bookings are closed for this event. Please contact the Norbertine Center for Spirituality with questions or concerns or to be put on a waiting list: 920.337.4315 or email@example.com.